Top 5 Sportswear Fabric Trends for SS2021
What sits across the enlargement of your brand and the attraction of potential customers? Following the trends. An alteration in performance and functionality highlights the SS 2021 seasonal offer in materials and textiles. Let’s dig in Top 5 Trends in fabrics for SS2021.
During the last few years, fashion and function have merged irrevocably. And this mutual intrusion will continue to progress. The athleisure trend brought the interest of sportswear out of the gym.
Despite the progress in technology, the emergence of 5G and the overwhelming usage of electronic gadgets, we are still eager to be comfortable in our clothes. More and more brands transfer sporty performance silhouettes into everyday casual wear.
It became hip and cool to underline your training preferences in the streetwear made of knitted fabrics that are soft and breathable, feel like the second-skin, offer body support and good air permeability. This tendency will continue to grow.
- Fine knitted fabric – high knitting gauges base layer, comfortable, close to skin, feel like second skin, high stretch, performance bra or intimates wear.
- Fine Denier Fabric – It requires also very high knitting gauges to knit 20-30 denier polyester or 40 denier nylon. The hand-feel is extremely soft and smooth.
Whether you are in the office or at the gym, you want to look good and feel protected. No stains or extraneous smells should ruin your image. And no outside factors should spoil your day.
Stain-free materials, moisture management, odor control, UV-protection – all this should be taken into consideration by the brands. As a result, the modern intake on beauty and protection gathers not only in the styling and garment construction approach but also in the scientific development of the textile.
Interpreting the forecasts for climate change, the weather will become more unstable, generating the need for smart temperature control. Comfortable waterproof fabrics are not enough anymore to attract potential consumers.
More specific functional features must be integrated into textile production to draw interest to the functional and protective wear of the future, such as cooling when you are hot which deactivates once it is complete; relocation of the heat from the warm part of the body to the cool one, which helps to maintain the body temperature, etc.
- Graphene Print – Graphene has the feature of heat conductivity, electrical conductivity, strength, bacterial resistance. Heat conductivity, electrical conductivity are specially applied to textile. Some brands are trying to develop smart garment with graphene using its privilege of electrical conductivity. Graphene is also the new black for temperature control material. The weather will become more unstable. Graphene can transfer the heat from the warm part of body to the cool part, which help to maintain the body temperature. We use his heat conductivity feature to do print on PU film. It can be used for inner layer of a light jacket.
- HeiQ Smart Temp – It is a finishing that can be applied to any fabrics. HeiQ Smart Temp can enhance wearer’s comfort by control thermal cooling. When the body temperature is low, the treated fabric will have higher moisture affinity; when the body temperature is high, lower moisture affinity.
While moving forward with the development of textiles technologies is the key to a successful season, brands should not forget about environmental change and the impact that the fashion industry has.
As textile waste has increased 811% since 1960 most of which end up in the landfill, textiles producers should concentrate on the biodegradable features of the fabrics. Usage of the recycled, renewable plant-based materials, reduction in the use of plastic in the textile industry become the core aspect and a challenge for the textile producers.
- Biodegradable Polyester – Biodegradable material contains organic additives which enhance the bio-degradation when the fabric is land-filled.
- Traceable Recycled Polyester – Most of the material of recycled polyester come from recycled polyester bottle.
Psyched digital printing
Future consumers wish to pursue a healthy and environmentally-conscious lifestyle and they want to be sure that textiles they use meet their requirements. While traditional printing takes an enormous amount of water to produce, digital printing is a great alternative.
Being environmentally friendly, digital printing gives a massive push for individuality by generating a new direction in terms of structure and color use. The consumer enjoys the advantages of fashion globalization, but at the same time does not want to lose their unique identity, where digital printing comes in place.
Eysan can do customized digital printing on our polyester and polyester spandex fabric. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.
We are exhibiting above fabrics at TITAS 2019 from October 7. to 9.. Visit us and meet our professional sales at TITAS!